Friday, September 01, 2006

I hate the rain!

So it has rained NON-STOP since thursday morning, and it rained for most of the day on wednesday too! A guy can only handle so much rain. It just comes down in a downpour all the time. Its mostly because of that hurrucane Ernesto or whatever its called...who cares its stupid all the same!
Well today I got the privilege of moving for the third time since I have been here. I got a knock on my door tonight and the housing lady told me i was moving to the dorms. Good news right? Not exactly... you see about 15 minutes before she came, Kellen left to be with his wife, so i had to move all my stuff, AND his stuff all by myself! Grrrr, i was pretty ornery tonight to say the least. But, I got everything in here and I am all settled. I am almost all unpacked, and I organized everything and put my sheets on my bed. Its pretty cool actually. Its small, like the size of the big bathroom at home (ok maybe a bit bigger but you know what I mean) and I dont have a tv, or maid service, or bathrooms, but its cool. Its good to know that I wont be moving again and I will be able to settle down and get into more of a routine. Plus the dorms here are like 20 yards from the classrooms, and a little bit further from the cafeteria. I like this campus, its like walking through a neighborhood because most of the buildings (business office, financial aid office, etc.) are all old housed converted into offices. So now the only thing I will need my car for is driving to practice, and going to the store or whatever. Its cool.
When I got in my room I thought I would turn on the internet, but for some reason my wireless internet network connector thingy wasnt even on my computer, it was weird, I had my wireless card in, and it just didnt pick anything up. So once I got unpacked I made the journey (about 7 miles) to Wal-Mart and I picked up a CAT 5 ethernet cable (there is a plug in the wall that I noticed) so I plugged it in and now I am just using the campus DSL so it all works out. I also had to buy a garbage can and some goodies because I was running low, and had nowhere to put all my garbage... obviously.
Anyway, I have written a lot, which amazes me because I usually dont have much to say, but seeing how I am 2000 miles away from home I find it quite easy to find things to say. Kinda weird. Im sure glad there are these blogs; it makes it quite convenient and easy to stay in touch.

I miss everyone, and I will talk to y'all right quick!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i likes the pixie. thats good news that you guys were able to finally move into the dorms.

Travis Butterfield said...

Yeah, blogs are awesome, huh? I'm glad you started one, because that way I can keep up on all the news in your life. I'm glad you finally got a place. And a garbage can! Ha ha ha. Stupid Kellen and his wife. Doesn't he have a cell phone you could have called him on? That's gay that you had to move yours and his stuff. I would have charged him for it. Ha ha.

Anyhoo. Now all you need is a digital camera so you can post pictures on here of your goings-on out there in the South. Have you met lots of rednecks? Oh wait . . . you are one. Bwa ha ha.

What do you think about mom and dad's new house they just bought? That's CRAZY, huh? Man, everything is changing. Anyhoo. I hope things are going well out there for you.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're finally settled. I hear you're at the football game today. . . in the rain no less! I hope you get your box today, it was GUARANTEED for yesterday Grrr.. will you go to a new ward tomorrow?

Anonymous said...

well, maybe you need one of them rain coat hats that have a big yellow brim, you know, the kind you see on them movies?? i'll try to get you one for labor day. as for the apt, i told you to bring my old tv... guess what I heard??

Anonymous said...

try tom-tupelo at the blooger thingee. i am copying yer polka dot thingee