Saturday, September 30, 2006

Big Surprise

So guess what... my internet worked for like a couple hours, and didnt work again until about 30 minutes ago. I hate it, you never know when it will work. I had to do the football game today, so I couldnt go to conference. I was hoping that I would be able to catch the rest of it on the internet, but no, the internet didnt work! Grr. At least I could go to Priesthood though. Its weird because I am so used to the conference times at home, but now it starts later. Kinda fakes me out. I guess one good thing about going to the game today is that I actually got to see a good game; they won their first game today! It was like 28-25. It was so funny, after the game when the coach was talking to the team, a couple of guys dumped the water on him like they won the superbowl or something. It was pretty funny. I guess they just think that they wont win another game so they had to take advantage of the opportunity.
Im kinda bored right now, I am waiting for my laundry to finish.
Oh, yesterday we had our game against Roanoke College. We played 11 innings I think. It was long. But anyway, we were playing pretty good the whole game, we had the lead by at least 1 run pretty much the whole time, but in the 9th inning, they had a few hits and we had a few errors and they scored 4 runs. We should have won. Oh well it was not bad to play. It was an hour drive to get there, and the guys from the team last year told us to enjoy it while it lasts, because it is easily the shortest drive we will ever have. Thats something to definately look forward too... dang! Im not even going to say how bad I did hitting though so dont ask. I played good defense though. I had 6 or 7 put-outs. So that was something that I could be proud of. Well hitting wasnt so bad, I just am having troubles feeling comfortable and stuff. Not a big deal. Its over. Too bad that was our only game this fall though. I want to play again it was good. That team wasnt as good as we made them look. Our team is looking better than I had anticipated though, especially for only having 14 players on the team. I bet the other school though we were just somo podunk school. They had like 35 guys on their team, so we looked a little different than them to say the least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

T.
Glad to hear that you had a fun game too bad that it slipped away late in the game. Sounds like you had a good defensive game. That should give you a little taste of college ball to whet your appetite till spring. It will give you extra motivation to work hard all winter so that you can come out strong when the season starts.
Keep up the good work.
Love,
Dad