Sunday, April 15, 2007

My first ordination

I had a really good day at church today. I taught the lesson in Elders Quorum, I think I did okay, but before that, during sacrament meeting, they announced that the newly baptised member of our ward was to be ordained to the office of Priest, and receive the Aaronic Priesthood. So, I thought to myself, "hey that is cool he is getting the priesthood so soon." Well right before I walk into Elders Quorum, the 1st Counselor pulls me aside, and asks if I would feel comfortable performing the ordinance. Wow, I definately wasnt expecting that! So, I ended up doing it! It was a really neat experience. I was pretty nervous, but when I started, I did pretty good I hope. I dont really remember what I said. It was neat though because the Bishop used it as a teaching tool also. Later tonight, I went to a fireside, and my Bishop was one of the speakers, and he pointed me out, how I am a new Elder, and then how I ordained this guy to be a Priest. There was another surprise on the day! It was pretty funny.
Overall, it was a good day.

1 comment:

Butterfield Family said...

That's really cool. You'll have a ton of chances to do that on your mission, but it is good that you have already had that experience.