Monday, November 27, 2006

My day and stuff

I basiclly have run out of room on my hard drive, so I am trying to figure out how to fix it, but I am not smart, and I probably will do more damage than good. The basic problem is my music. I am doing a defragmentation right now, so hopefully that clears up some room for me. Thats about all I have to say about that.
I am back in VA and I spent a total of 13 hours traveling today. (including the 2 hours I lost in the time change, airport waiting, etc.) Pretty big day I would have to say.
So Dad and I got all the way to the airport, and I realized that I forgot my keys at home. Not a god feeling at all. We called mom, and she made a mad dash to the airport, and dad went and met her, and brought them to me just in time for me to wait in line for security and just make the flight. Pretty nerve-racking experience. I dont recommend it. I was close to pulling out hair, but it turned out to work, so no big deal.
The end.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey thanks for saying bye this morning...I only knew you were gone cause when i went in your room to steal some of your clothes before you left...just kidding...and by the way since when did you start taking the lords name in vain?...I dont care what kind of feeling you had!

Unknown said...

im glad mom and dad got your keys to you in time.

Butterfield Family said...

I laughed. Good catch, Kyle. Troy, another thing you can do is go to control panel, then to performance and maintenance, and select "Free up space on your hard disk." It will delete all of your temporary files and some other things that just take up space. It probably won't free up enough space to make much of a difference though.

Anonymous said...

Mom saves the day..sort of..
Glad you're back safe. The weekend went by way too fast!!

Travis Butterfield said...

hmmmm. the best solution is to delete your music files. But, I'm guessing you want to keep them handy on your computer. So, what I recommend is either to get a hard drive upgrade, or an external hard drive. You could ask for one for christmas or something. The other thing you could do is to just get all of your songs and burn them in mp3 (or m4a) format onto CDs. You can fit about 100 songs on a CD that way. But, then you will have to deal with the hassle of keeping the CDs in good condition, and also re-ripping the songs to your hard drive every time you want to change the music on your ipod. But, that's the cheapest solution. You could also make sure to check that all of your songs are not ripped in wav format, because that format takes ten times as much space. Those are just some basic suggestions. You could also pick any programs, documents, and/or pictures you don't need, and either delete them or burn them to a CD. That would also free up room.

TBUTT13 said...

thanks for the advice y'all, i will get right on it. but i dont know what it is.