Friday, April 09, 2010

Its been a while.

Well folks, I have been a slacker. What else is new. Oh well, I will use the excuse that I have been really busy. Thats generally acceptable.
Life has been really good lately. Things in general are going really well, and I am pleased with that.
Easter/General Conference was amazing. How cool is it that they fell on the same day? I really enjoyed it. I think having them on the same day helped me do better at celebrating the real reason for Easter; the Savior.
General Conference is always so invigorating. The way that the Spirit teaches us the things we need to be taught is always amazing to me. That is one of the coolest things about a mission, and gospel relating things in general. There were so many great talks. I loved President Eyring's talks both in the general session and the Priesthood session. He always speaks with such emotion, and conviction. President Uchtdorf also had some really great talks. I always enjoy hearing Elder Holland, and Elder Scott. The talk about the way missionaries are called, by Elder Rasband. I had already heard that story, but it is still fascinating the process of calling missionaries works. Look for it in the Ensign those of you that missed it.
Saturday night after the Priesthood session, I grabbed Whit and headed up to Salt Lake for my mission reunion. It was really good, and I am really glad that I got to go so I could see my president, and his wife as well as some mission friends that I had not seen since being home. There were quite a few there that I didn't know, and quite a few missing that I had wanted to see, but oh well. We all have our own schedules. It was so good to see them though. The first thing that Sister Asconavieta said was "Butterfly!!" Just as I had predicted :) It was really fun to talk to them and see how their English has improved haha. Really good.
Sunday conference was just grand as well, and in the afternoon Whit took me to her big family Easter candy hunt/dinner. It was really fun, and crazy. Whit and I took home a good load of candy, and there is still plenty of it. It was really fun to meet more people from her extended family. They all joked around with me and whatnot, but it was fine. It was good, I am glad I went.
School this week has been rough, but pretty busy which is good. I don't have the hardest schedule imaginable, so it was good to stay busy. I got my Art History test back and I got 90%. Not too shabby. I knew that I wouldn't do as well as my other, but I was still pleased. My professor said that it was the hardest test of the class, so that is a good sign. I really like that class. It is so interesting, the professor makes it good, and its not too hard. Lots of writing. But not too hard. It's not chemistry, thats for sure. (I hate that class by the way.)
Oh, Sunday in between sessions, I dashed to Salt Lake and met up with a Brazilian missionary serving in the Ogden Utah mission. I served in his ward on my mission and knew him well. So it was really fun to see him. I also saw a different mission friend there, as well as my old Virginia roommate Adam. I have seen him now at two consecutive conferences, so we said "see ya in six months!" It was funny.
Well, I am tired from playing some ultimate frisbee, (and from being up late...) so I am going to bed.
Hope that this sufficed as an update of my life as of late.
If not, too bad.
Tchau

No comments: