Wednesday, August 30, 2006

New Room!

Yesterday the manager came to our door and told us that we were being moved into a different room in the motel. This was because one of our beds was broken. We had to go to a smoking room, and it is a little smaller, but it has a fridge, and a microwave! Woo -hoo!!! Its not bad, I dont even notice the smell anymore, we put an air freshener in, and its hiding the smell quite nicely. Its a good room though, the beds seem more comfortable. It was just harder to find a place for all of our stuff because it is smaller, but overall I dont mind it at all. Im just back at the room on a break from classes; I think I will head over to the cafeteria for lunch here in a little bet. My classes are going pretty well, no complaints. They aren't too hard, and plus we (almost all athletes) are required to attend 4 hours of study hall a week, so I went to that last night for 2 hours and got some homework done. Some rooms can be loud and hard to concentrate, but I moved to another classroom and was able to have peace and quiet. It is a pretty good thing because you can get into groups and study the same subject together, and most of them have tutors there to help. It goes kind of slow, but it is good to give us that added help, and motivation to do our work. Thats about it for now, I need to factor in the walking back time. I drove to campus earlier today, but after my 10:00 class got out I felt like walking home.... so I did! its not bad, it takes around 10 minutes. Anyway this was a lot longer than i had anticipated it would be so I hope you enjoy out there in bloggerland.

talk to y'all later

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. Skoo is coo for me too, I am learnin stuff and also some things. i likes it some, if i get all a's then i get new snow stuff so i will be a 4.0 student this semester, even if i have to threaten the professors with a rusty sock!!!! (and a vicious wiener dog)

Anonymous said...

Hey. . look for a package on Friday!

TBUTT13 said...

WOO HOO!!!

Butterfield Family said...

At least you can smoke in your room now.

Anonymous said...

ahhh...good old study hall. i remember those days. take advantage of the tutors. you can probably sign up for any subject that you need help in. i used a tutor for physical science, and it really helped me. and it uses up some of those study hours each week. i was required to do 6 per week, and the building was at least 20 minutes from my dorm, so i hated going there. well. good luck with school!