Tuesday, October 06, 2009

General conference

Well I am sure I speak for all in saying how great conference was. I was only able to watch the priesthood session and the Sunday sessions because of work, but thanks to the DVR I recorded it and I will catch up on Saturdays sessions.
There were two highlights of the conference for me. First: President Monson announced a new temple in my mission, Fortaleza!! You can imagine how happy I am! The fun thing has been to hear from the members there and how happy and excited they are. I would like to say that I had a part in the preparation for this temple. The people of Fortaleza are such a special people, and the church is growing like crazy. To use the phrase my friend Alex Johnson(currently serving a mission in thailand) says:"the Lord is smiling upon Fortaleza." I don't doubt it.

To be continued....
It's late

2 comments:

Lumpy said...

That is really cool about your area getting a temple. I cant wait for the day when one is announced in the F to the R to the A to the N to the C to the E!

Mom said...

I like that phrase...makes me smile!