Tuesday, October 06, 2009

General Conference part 2

Well, I ended up going to the sunday morning session of general conference with my old companion (elder) Derek Dutson.

It was actually my first time ever watching there in the conference center, so i was really excited and taking in the experience. It was quite impressive seeing the leaders of the church all in front of me, especially President Monson. So it was a good first experience. The Brazilians always assumed that i always went to conference, and were alwasys really surprized when i said that i had never been, Well Now I can say that I have gone!
We got there really early we walked around and then we sat down and waited. The fun part of going on sunday, was being able to watch "Music and the Spoken Word." It was interesting because the Apostles were there watching it too(except elder Christofferson and Elder Cook who were in the Tabernacle) But it was interesting that they watched it too. I had always heard and seen about how special it is when the prophet walks into the room, but being there in person really was an amazing experience.
I sat next to a girl from Costa Rica who was just visiting, and to her side was a lady from New Zealand. I never realized how many people come from far away to watch conference.
I especially enjoyed President Monson's talk in that session. Being in his presence, I was able to feel even more strongly that he is that Lord's true prophet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jealousy

Unknown said...

Dude I looked for Sister Batts blog and I saw your comment. Way jealous that she writes you. Ever since I got sent to the interior I haven't heard from either.