Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Working man

Wow its been quite some time since I have updated my blog. I guess I have not been as motivated to do it as I have been in the past. I need to get into a better rhythm.
The good news is that I not only started working at the wonderful Kmart, but I also finally heard back from that Allstate guy and I started last night there. I am doing calls to try and get people to give us information for free insurance quotes, and based on the leads that we get, the agents follow up and try to make the sale. I interviewed at a different company for pretty much the same position but he wanted me to call all my friends and relatives and try to get them to get quotes and eventually try and get them to his company. I did plenty of fundraising for baseball and I hate it more than anything. I was not about to do the same thing to help this guy get his work going. So I turned it down. This was early on in the semester. It would have been nice to have been working and making money, but not to call and pester my friends and family about a company that they would never switch to.
This place is about the same but he is already established and I am making calls on an automatic dialer system and its not bad at all. Last night I teamed up with the other girl that was hired with me. I started and actually got someone to give me the needed information, then she came over to my computer and we switched off. By the end, we both finished with 2 each. It was fairly simple. So it will be a good thing I think. At least for the next month to help me save up a little. I work again at Kmart tonight and I hope it goes alright. I am actually kind of stressing about how busy it will get there for the holidays, but I feel pretty comfortable with the system, so it should go pretty well.
Whit is a two job girl now. She not only works at the said company that fired me (haha) but she just started working at a place called The Crepery as a crepe maker. It is a really cool job, and the crepes are so delectable. The place is inside a little house and they share the space with a coffee shop, but she only gets like one little corner of the house. But it is a fun little business. I spent Monday with her while she worked because when its calm she can just relax in the booths. Her bosses are really laid back. So hopefully we can both handle the workload and successfully not fail our classes this semester. I am only worried about my Psychology class. But it should work out. Tonight I have to register for next semester, and I have no idea what to do with my life. I am pretty much completely done with my generals, so its time to pick a major and move on. I just don't know what to do. Its frustrating.
But all in all, life is good. Things are starting to fall into place. We'll see how this goes.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Yah..new blog! Sounds like you are doing well with your new jobs! Go to the temple when you can..it will help clear your mind with decisions about classes. Just need the time huh?!
I admire the way you and Whitney are trying so hard to make ends meet. Its worth it I promise!
Love
Mom

Travis Butterfield said...

I remember being in your shoes as far as not knowing what I would register for in school. It took me forever to pick a major. Good luck with everything! I wish you could come to Denver for Thanksgiving. We'll miss you guys. Anyhoo. Just keep plugging along. I'm sure things will work out.

Unknown said...

With all those new iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone owners enjoying their Apple devices, it's only natural that everyone recommend some of the best Apps available for their cool new toys.