Sunday, November 08, 2009

Welcome to Buena Vista, Home of the World Series Champion Manager, Charlie Manuel

So after the Phillies won the World Series, Charlie Manuel came back to his hometown, and they built a really nice sign at the entrance of BV that welcomes you to his hometown. They had a little wooden one before, but now it is high tech with lights and everything. Pretty funny. He is the biggest star from this little podunk city, which is actually pretty good considering the size.
So I went back to Virginia to check out SVU again, and practice with the baseball team. It was a really good little trip. The flight to Virginia was really long actually. I stopped in Atlanta for a couple of hours then I went to Detriot, and jumped on a tiny plane to Roanoke, Virginia which is a really small airport too.
But I had a good time here. I was able to meet up with friend who took me around the city to see what was new, and then I had practice on friday, and we went to the Basketball game it was pretty fun. I only recognized a few faces there. Most everyone else has left. So that is a little weird, but I will be able to make new friendships.
Playing baseball was really fun. It was like riding a bike, but the bike was really really wobbly! I had a hard time adjusting to playing again. It seems I am a step slower in everything, but there were also som positive things that I saw in the experience too. Good to know what I need to work on. I like the guys on the team, they are pretty cool. Its a different feel than the last team, but thats because they are all different guys. We had 5 recruits come in too to, and they were all pretty interested, so hopefully they can make it too. A couple were really good.
The only boring thing was going through the open house the school did, because i already know everything about the school. But I had to do it in order to receive the reimbursement for the travel, we got $250 back, which was really good since we only had to pay $160 to process the sky miles.
I went to church at the new chapel they built, and it was really good. I was able to see a few people that I knew from before, so that was fun. I had forgotten how quiet a singles ward is compared to a regular one, especially during the sacrament.
Anyway, thats my recent news.
Over and out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And by "how different a singles ward is" you mean, "how many cute girls can all be in the same place at the same time" right?