Saturday, August 07, 2010

We're Engaged!!

I'm terrible at updating. But, I do have something very worthwhile to write about.
I'm engaged!! After about 8 months of dating I finally got a ring and popped the questing. Granted it seemed as if it was a formality since we had already started planning the wedding and set an appointment at the Draper Temple. But it was good to finally get it done.
I had to do orientation at school on Thursday Aug 5th, so we went up the night before, and met up with Whit's friend Parker and her boyfriend Kris. We went up Green Canyon in Logan, and made a bonfire and sat around the fire for a while. Parker and Kris got up and left, so we were just by the fire, and I dropped to one knee and asked. I had planned it out with Parker, but Whit was still suspicious. She was surprised, but not really. Oh well, I tried, right?
Wednesday was also my one year mark since being home, so that also made the day even more special.
So, now we just have to make it through four more months and we are there!
It was also good to get registered for classes and take care of other school things.

I will post pictures of the ring later.

5 comments:

Butterfield Family said...

I think this makes you the youngest Butterfield since the Old Man to pop the question. Congrats again!

Unknown said...

congrats! we are really happy for you two!

Lumpy said...

Congrats you guys! Thanks again for hanging out Saturday...sorry my go-kart skills were unmatchable

Becky said...

Couldn't be happier for you both! Enjoy this special engagement time..
Love
Mom

sHaLmieeee SaRanKmAs said...

hallo....my name shaLmi...