Saturday, May 22, 2010

I wear a hardhat (who'd have thought?)

I started a new job this week. Kendall got me a job for Hadco Construction, and I am a laborer. I started Tuesday and I have been working overtime all week. I get there at 6:00, and I usually end up leaving around 7:00. Its really tiring, but luckily I am working right close to home so I don't have to worry about much travel time. I don't know anything about construction whatsoever, so this is all foreign to me, and I am slowly catching on. My first day was super long. It rained all day, I worked a long day, and I was completely clueless! It was funny, but also really frustrating. But I am starting to figure it out. We are working on a section of a new highway being built from Redwood road near Camp Williams, to I-15. We are building the support walls for the overpass, and building up the dirt to keep it stable. I will try and get some photos up later to help understand. But it has been good despite all the work, and the guys that I work with. (A little rough around the edges to say the least :) but I like most of them) They even taught me how to use the big compression roller thing that compacts the dirt. Its cool. I am getting the hang of it. I didn't think they would even let me touch a machine for a while, but I'm not complaining. I'm just glad to finally be making some money.
I donated platelets for the first time on Monday. Its the same process as donating plasma, but they extract the platelets too. Its only a small amount which is surprising.
I also had a little "surgery" since I last wrote on last Wednesday. I had a cyst removed from my face near my jawline. It was a cinch and took only a half hour to do. I got the stitches out on Monday before I donated the platelets.
It has been great having Whitney here home from school. I don't know how we were able to go weeks at a time without seeing each other. I'm glad thats over with. Things are just great.
Life is good.
I am a happy camper.
But a tired one.
The end.

3 comments:

Becky said...

You've got a mean tan with all that hard work!

Lindsay said...

it was fun seeing you guys and meeting whitney yesterday. thanks for entertaining the boys for us! we miss you!

Lumpy said...

RED NECK!!!!!