Thursday, March 29, 2007

Grr

Its pretty frustrating, my computer is too high tech for anything. My printer is connected to kellens computer, so I email my assignments to myself and when I pull it up it is like in a weird code becuase it is the newest version of microsoft word, and so it just isnt compatable on an old computer. Its weird! I have the nice new computer, and it is too good for everything! When I tried to install the printer on my computer, it wouldnt work because of the same reason. I spent like an hour trying to get it installed right, but I just had to give up. It is weird.
But... IT IS AWESOME!!! Ha ha so I am not complaining too much!

4 comments:

Travis Butterfield said...

why don't you just save your work onto a flash drive, and then transfer it to Kellen's computer that way?

I'll have to ask my roommate about your problems . . . because he also has vista, and he's a computer genius. So. Maybe I can help you figure it out. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

Ohh...computer woes, you have my complete sympathy. It is so frustrating! Sorry its not working right. When you get it figured out, come and fix ours :)
GOOD LUCK at your game tomorrow. Its going to be a good one...and you'll do great!!!

Travis Butterfield said...

Hey. Um, I talked to my roommate, and we figured that you should do the "save as" function, and if it is possible click on something like Microsoft Word 2003 (or whatever older version is available). If there aren't any older versions available, save it as ".rtf" which means "rich text file." Rich text files can be read by almost all word processing software. So. That way you won't have to email your stuff to yourself, you can just put it on a flash drive.

As for the printing problem . . . my roommate says that "technically" it should just work when you plug the printer in. But, since that doesn't seem to work, I recommend that you uninstall any printer software you may have installed. What I would recommend, then, is to check online for updated printer drivers. Go to the manufacturer's website, and try to find drivers or software for your specific model of printer. That might help.

Travis Butterfield said...

also, try re-installing the printer software you already have for your printer after you uninstall it. (I forgot to mention that part.) THEN check for updated drivers etc.